The Gina K Designs team would like to welcome to you this special Spellbinders Thank You Blog Hop. Recently Spellbinders generously gifted each member of our Design Team with the amazing new Grand Calibur! What an exciting gift for sure and we are absolutely enjoying this fabulous machine. We have made some special cards and projects to showcase the new Grand Calibur and why we are loving it so much. Thank you so very much Spellbinders!
If you're hoppin' with the list, you've just come here from:
Your next stop is:
To read about my project start here.
My project is a fun little candy basket made from the Labels 8 die with a coordinated card.
If you are a frequent visitor to my blog you'll already be aware that I use Nestabilites a lot, yep, a lot, I just love how easy they are to use. The Grand Calibur has a large cutting platform and cuts the dies easily and cleanly, no ragged edges or uncut portions, at least not in my experience. The large platform allows multiple shapes to be cut at once, either out of smaller pieces of different colors of cardstock or a large single sheet.
Directions to make a Label Basket:
- Largest Labels 8 die cut GKD Luxury Baby Blue, scored at 2-1/4" and 3-3/4"
- Internal box: GKD Pure Luxury Baby Blue cut to 6-1/2" x 4-15/16" and scored 1-3/4" on all sides. Make 4 cuts, 2 cuts on opposing sides to where score lines intersect. Attach Scor-Tape to flaps. Pre-fold all scores. Adhere flaps to create box shape.
- Grass: 9" x 1-1/2" strip of GKD Pure Luxury Green Grass. Score 1/2" along one long side. Using detail scissors snip slices to score line. Adhere to inside box using Scor-Tape, using the score line as a guide for placement.
- Adhere finished box inside scored label die cut using Scor-Tape.
note: if you want to have ribbon tie around the front of the basket, place a length of ribbon between the box and the label cover before adhering together.
- Handle: 1-1/2" x 11" strip of GKD Sweet Corn, edges scalloped. Adhere to box sides with Scor-Tape.
- Fill a cello with treats, tie off bag with ribbon and attach tag with thread. Insert into basket.
Front of basket is decorated with the cute chicks and egg image from GKD Basket Blessings. The image was stamped twice onto GKD Pure Luxury White; one image was oval die cut and the chicks were colored, the eggs from the other image were colored and cut out before adhering to the oval stamped image with dimensional foam.
The largest Labels 8 die was die cut in 2 colors, Grass Green and Sweet Corn. Score the Green Grass die cut in half to use as the card base. Trim a small portion of the Sweet Corn die cut and adhere to green base.
The rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory and follows the instructions for coloring the basket image.
Thank you sentiment from Framed Greetings.
You may find the entire blog hop list at the StampTV blog
And Gina K Designs Online Store for the stamps, paper, inks and ribbons featured in my project.
Stamps: GKD Basket Blessings and Framed Greetings
Ink: Vivid! Coffee Bean
Paper: GDK Pure Luxury Little Boy Blue, Green Grass, Sweet Corn, Bubblegum Pink, White
Other: Nestabilities Labels 8, Oval and Scalloped Oval dies, Circle Die, Grand Calibur, GKD stitched and gingham check ribbon, Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, Linen thread, Cello bag, Candy
If you've made it this far, you've read on the longest posts I've ever done, thank you! :)